- Analysis and review of fiscal and monetary policies and promotion of the Chamber’s position on major macro-economic policy issues.
- Act as a think-tank for economic research on local, regional and global macroeconomic issues
- Publication and dissemination of economic commentaries relating to the business sector
- Overseeing the Chamber’s liaison and collaboration with other business member organizations (BMOs) and relevant professional bodies
- Liaising closely with all the other Chamber sub-committees in order to pick issues for lobbying with the relevant stakeholders
- The committee stands as the “voice” of the Chamber and is responsible for coming up with a calendar of engagements with all the relevant stakeholders